The Impermissible Dream.


I had a dream last night,
And I wasn’t alone, you were by my side.
I was wearing black,
You were wearing white.
I was just a flicker,
And you were an ocean of light.

Your eyes were locked into mine,
It was nothing like ever before.
I tried to look away,
But the eyes wanted more.
I was restless as a wave,
You were calm as a shore.
I was limited to a room,
And you were an open door.
Maybe it was the look of your eyes,
Or maybe the smile that you wore,
I felt as a desperate reader,
And you happened to be a bookstore.

Just as I touched your hand,
It turned into dust.
Your eyes never left mine,
Even when they were blown away by a gust.

The dream collapsed.
And with it, you did too.
Outside my dark window,
That gust of wind still blew.

I turned around to face her,
And she had woken up too.
She conjured up a smile and said,
“It was just a nightmare and you got through.”
I clasped my eyes shut again,
If only she knew.
Even after years of separation,
I was still dreaming of you.




Comments

  1. Beautifully written! With every line you read, it's like an ocean of emotions that caressing you with it's waves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your eloquent words. I'm glad you liked it. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts