There's something timeless about you.




I see you wearing your oversized jumper.
Your face hidden behind those big round glasses.
Hair tied in a bun. Your teeth biting your lips.
And your eyes squinched in scrutiny.
Always in search of something.

I see you and realize there's something timeless about you.
When you have your bright blue headphones on,
And you're looking blankly into the distance,
As if tearing through the temporal plane,
And peeking into something truly transcendent,
I know it's no ordinary playlist.
It's the longing of a mixtape.
You walk through a garden of roses thoughtlessly,
Yet you freeze in your steps to smell an old book.
In this world of incessant texts,
You still long for that hand written letter.

You wish to be seduced by poetry.
Each word adding to that unspoken longing.
The way to your heart is through your head.
No one dare make love to your body,
Unless they can make love to your mind.

And your insides scream to talk.
Your dreams, fictional characters, the universe.
You need someone who understands this urge.

You force me into listening to the songs that speak directly to you.
As if you want me to feel what you felt.
And this is the intimacy I want.
When you think your favourite film is worthless,
Until it's seen by my eyes.
How you so desperately crave to find a bit of yourself in me at that very moment.
As you so meticulously observe my disposition.

You stare at my lips.
And wonder what words might come out next.
You hold my hand, already terrified at the thought of letting it go.
You whisper "I love you,"
And get anxious if you don't hear it back.
You want to breathe me in,
And never let me go.
This is how you love me.
Unconditionally.
Unforgivingly.
Unabashedly.

And damn it,
This is exactly how I will love you back.

Comments

Popular Posts