A Dewy-Eyed Weather Update



Last week was gloomy, and wrapped in a thick fog of melancholy. Streets were cold and hostile. Wind tore through the sheet of eerie silence that prevailed in the town.

Nights were longer and lonelier. You'd hear a knock outside your door, and it would be nothing but wind. It mercilessly rattled the windows and screamed to be let in. I would toss and turn, burying myself in a layer of blankets, but the insolent cold would still creep in. The howling wind would give me nightmares. Out of fear, I decided not to sleep at all. I perched across my window and looked outside, hoping to catch the silhouette of that wretched wind. 

These sleepless nights would go on for a while. The wind carried on with its torturing. The other day, the idyllic clouds could take no more and relieved themselves of their pain. Tears flooded the streets and umbrellas sat unopened in the closets. The nights were louder than ever. Wind howled and the rain splattered. Sleep and dreams eloped together through the crevices in the walls. Darkness grew just beneath the eyes. 

The exhausting week came to an end. Melancholy has left town. Clouds are scared away by the might of the sun. The streets are lit in a golden hue. Hope has returned. And with it, the will to survive as well. I have strength enough to get up and get some work done, read a little, get my life back in order. Writing seems like a daunting task. I'll go for a walk first, yes. I'll write later. 

Comments

Popular Posts